YOUR OUTDOOR PARTNER
We have an extensive amount of experience supporting college courses, whether that be the Diploma in Outdoor Adventure Level 2 – Extended, or the Uniformed Public Services course. The range of facilities we offer for outdoor team building activities and personal development options are exceptional and the Cotswolds location of South Cerney Outdoor is truly inspirational.
We can offer your students the opportunity to work towards the qualifications required to become outdoor instructor. These include
- Paddling (canoeing and Kayaking) awards
- Foundation Safety and Rescue Training
- Royal Yachting Association sailing awards and Seamanship skills
- Start and Intermediate Windsurfing
- BSUPA Stand Up Paddleboarding Level 1 and 2
Each of these capabilities are invaluable for building a student's understanding of outdoor team building activities and related programmes. Additionally, they help to develop the student's soft skills such as:
- Environmental awareness and empathy
- Self-confidence and independence
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Resourcefulness and initiative
- Determination in the face of adversity
- Leadership skills
The combination of the hard and soft skills will give the student an all round personal development package to be an excellent outdoor instructor.
South Cerney Outdoor also offers terrific day visits for college students with great opportunities for teamwork and enjoyable challenges. Our Sports & Leisure Course day visits for bonding is an ideal way to build friendships and share common interests. This is also true of our Uniformed Public Services day visit, which are additionally geared to activities that will be helpful to students wishing to join the police, fire brigade or other uniformed services supporting the public.