PAY & PLAY BOOKING DURING COVID-19 OUTBREAK
We have been closely following UK Government guidance during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
Having been closed to all activities since 23rd March 2020, we have implemented specific controls following government recommendations to allow us to operate a basic Pay & Play boat hire and self-launch service.
The key principles we have applied when doing so are:
- Can we offer a service safely while protecting our staff and customers?
- What adjustments need to be implemented to control social distancing?
- How can we minimise contact with others to take booking and payment?
- How do we maximise your opportunity to get out exercising with your family?
- Is there a demand for what we can offer and is it financially practical?
From Saturday 6th June, we can now offer a basic Pay & Play option to individuals and those in the same household. Options will only include Paddleboards, Kayaks, Canoes and Self-Launch* of own craft.
Specific booked times with limited numbers are bookable online. Please ensure you turn up in time to start your activity at your booked time. Late arrivals and missed bookings cannot be transferred or refunded.
* Self-Launch is appropriate for canoes, kayaks, SUPs and Windsurfing that meet the minimum safety standards. Launch bookings must have all their own equipment including their own buoyancy aid. Launch price includes admission of the natural number of people for the vessel. E.g. SUP - One person; Canoe - Two persons; Single Kayak - One person.
Refunds of advance bookings will not be possible.
Discount and 'Buy One, Get One Half Price' vouchers will not be valid with this limited booking programme.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
THE FOLLOWING CONTROL MEASURES WILL BE IN PLACE DURING YOUR VISIT:
- Bookings and payment will ONLY be possible online
- No 'turn up and play' bookings will be available
- If you display any symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat), please do not attend the centre
- Only bookings for individuals within the same household will be accepted at this time
- Missed booking times are not transferrable and no refunds will be possible.
- Changing room facilities WILL NOT be available during your visit
- Staff will be applying social distancing with you while getting you out on the water
- All equipment (boats, paddles, buoyancy aids) will be cleaned with virusidal clearer after each use
- Please wash your hands with soap and water before and after using equipment
- Toilet facilities will not be available. Please go before attending
- Spending time on the site for picnics, BBQs, socialising etc will not be permitted at this time
- Spectating is not possible. Those accompanying others should stay in their cars.
- Please leave valuables in your car or at home as locker facilities will not be available.
- For the protection of our staff and customers, those not following the above will be asked to leave