THE LODGE COFFEE SHOP SUPERVISOR
We are looking for a Coffee Shop Supervisor to organise daily operations and motivate our staff to provide an awesome, friendly welcome and excellent experience and customer service.
Coffee Shop Supervisor responsibilities include scheduling shifts for baristas and Coffee Shop staff, monitoring daily expenses and revenues and ordering supplies like coffee, milk, cakes and provisions, as needed. To be successful in this role you should have relevant work experience and a passion for quality coffee and great food. Also, you should be available to work during opening hours, including weekends and holidays.
Ultimately, you will help increase profitability, boost customer engagement and ensure our Coffee Shop is a favourite local spot.
The Lodge is a new venture for South Cerney Outdoor, for which we have big plans and ambitions, and the role of Coffee Shop Supervisor has the potential to grow with the business.
You will be responsible for:
- Manage day-to-day operations of the The Lodge coffee shop
- Hire and train new staff and baristas
- To line manage and supervise The Lodge staff
- Train employees on drinks and food preparation and proper use of coffee equipment
- To act as a mentor and example to staff on standards of service, staff management and passion for the business.
- To ensure staffing levels are appropriate for each day and to manage the staff rota and staffing within budget.
- Coordinate with vendors and order supplies, as needed.
- Maintain updated records of daily, weekly and monthly revenues and expenses.
- Propose new menu items based on seasonality and customers’ preferences
- Advise staff on the best ways to resolve issues with customers and deliver excellent customer service
- Ensure all daily, weekly, monthly checks are completed to ensure high standards of health and safety
- Nurture friendly relationships with customers to increase loyalty and boost our reputation
- Experience of a customer facing business
- Bubbly and Friendly with a passion for people, great coffee and food
- Calm, professional and effective in a busy work environment
- Work experience in a supervisory role, ideally in a Coffee Shop environment
- Hands-on experience with professional coffee machines
- Cash handling and cash up experience
- Availability to work within opening hours (including weekends and holidays)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage and motivate a team
Great rates of pay on offer, together with a great benefits package that includes being part of an Employee Owned business.
Working hours will include some evenings and weekends on a shift rota basis.
Apply now by sending us your CV with a covering email explaining why you'd be perfect fit for the role and the business.
Closing Date for Applications: 13th March 2021
Interview Day: TBC
Full Time (36hrs) Coffee Shop Supervisor£19,175 - £21,995pa