This great new course for families with children age 8+ will teach you the essential life-saving skills of first aid that you might experience as a family.
If you would like your children to learn an essential life skill, or maybe you would like to know what to do in an emergency before help arrives and how to use that first aid kit in your cupboard... This course if for you.
Over this three hour short-course you will learn:
- How to deal with severe cuts and blood injuries
- What to do if an adult, child or baby stps breathing
- How to perform CPR if someones heart stops
- The steos you need to take if you find someone choking
- How to put someone in the 'Recovery Position' if they are unconcious
- The best response for a severe alergic reaction
- How to treat burns, scalds, broken bones and dislocations
The course is delivered by an experienced first aid trainer, sports physiotherapist and qualified outdoor instructor. So you will be learning from one of the best in a great outdoor environment.
This is a highly practical course with minimal theory and although it does not lead to a formal qualificaiton, each participant will get a certificate of completion.
Make sure you wear comfortable clothing that you can move around in and don't mind getting a little dirty as you may be on the floor or grass at some points during the course.
All children on the course must be accompanied by an adult.